Sunday 15 July 2012

Starting to Focus

Cath being away this weekend has given me lots of time to myself. Just what I needed with now just over 3 days to go.

I've started to pack, stuff for the topbox mostly, which is bike related, waterproofs, spare gloves, etc, plus all the techno gizmos that one could need to get ones hands on quite quickly, namely the satnav, my GoPro camera, sunglasses (LOL!!) and my normal camera. Also in there are the team colours, polos and hats and the last thing to go in will be my security chain. Hoping to squeeze my lightweight jacket in too, if there's room.

The panniers will take the rest of my gear, pants, socks, shirts, trousers, shoes, washbag, jumpers, etc. At the moment, I'm feeling pretty confident I'll get it all in (as the Bishop said to the actress!!) but then I've only ID'd a few t-shirts at the moment. Clearly, when pushed for space, one does have to wear things more than once, so it's not like I'm taking 12 of everything, except pants of course (what do you take me for?).

I checked the tyre pressures today and as the last time the bike was out was on the way back from being serviced, there's nowt else to do.

Did some final tweaks to the Tomtom itineries today, adding in intermediate stops, the Hogs like their coffee! and have printed off some daily timetables, as a guide. Pretty much our days will start at 9am and finish about 5:30pm. Almost like being at work but without the hassle!

Roll on Wednesday.

1 comment:

  1. I am going to start my first leg of the journey tomorrow, and head to family in Wexford. Wednesday is expected to be wet, and as I live about two hours away from the ferry, and they live just 20 minutes away from the ferry, I won't be under too much pressure on Wednesday heading for the ferry.

    ReplyDelete