Friday 13 July 2012

Wexford Sorted

First Wexford hotel a definite no go. Would have been nice if they'd told us. Grizzly has family in Wexford and they confirmed the Drinagh Court is closed. Seems it may have been repossessed by the bank but has subsequently been sold on. They reckon though, that there is no chance it will be open anytime soon, let alone for 2 weeks time.  I've had no reply to my enquiries from the hotel or the site I booked through, so it looks as though my deposit has gone down the pan. Good job it was only €12.

The contingency, the Faythe Guest House has good write ups and they have confirmed they have our booking, so I feel a lot more comfortable now.

5 days to go. Have a few bits laid out on the table but far from being packed or even decided on what I'm taking....apart from waterproofs that is.

10 day forecast doesn't make good reading. First 4 days of the tour will be peeing down by the looks of it. Ah, memories of 2009!

1 comment:

  1. Once we take our time, after all we are in no hurry. If it is very wet,Then maybe we can curtail parts of our itinerary, and enjoy the local hostelry at the end of the day’s riding.

    ReplyDelete