Wednesday 8 August 2012

It's not over till the fat lady waves goodbye!

A bit harsh on Jennifer but she had put weight on since I last saw her, earlier in the year. I had to ask if she had a surprise for me but thankfully, just pies and takeaway in the oven this time!

Unpacking my stuff for the last time away from home, I had a shower and then we went out for something to eat. Would you believe it, I even had a pint of Guiness! I also 'treated' them (Jen and boyfriend Chris) to a tour pics film show, the first of many probably.

I slept soundly enough and was up just after 9:00. I planned to leave about 10:30, for the 3 hour trip home. Jen made me toast for breakfast, my lightest since Inveraray and then I got my stuff together. More hugs and kisses this time and I was on my way home. First stop was for fuel at Asda, just before joining the M4 at Junction 32. Without the coffee monsters, I was riding on through, so my next stop was my second fuel stop, just outside Bracknell. I arrived at Morrisons in Walderslade, my final fuel stop and the official tour mileage end, at about 13:45. It's just a mile from home, so I was in and unloaded soon after 14:00.

As I closed the front door, I sighed. That was it, the tour was well and truly over. I'd been away 13 days, ridden through 5 countries, covered over 2,200 miles and I was bloody tired. I just sat down to watch some TV.......zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

1 comment:

  1. Great job Woody, for a fantastic trip, and great planning. I think you deserved the Guiness. Well Done.

    ReplyDelete