Wednesday 13 June 2012

Glympse

There's an App, called Glympse, for smartphones, that lets you send people your location. It's really quite useful if you are meeting up with someone but don't know where you are going. They can send you a txt or email Glympse (weblink) that shows you where they are in the world. You can then navigate to them, using google maps or some other such mapping App.  Very clever.

Anyway, what's that got to do with the tour?, I hear you say. Well, it's simple. For those who want to know, I am going to use Glympse, as we tour round, to let people know where abouts we are along the route. If any of you out there want to follow me on the map, as well as on the blog, if just to break up the boredom of your working day, then let me know.

The guys at work will have a map, showing the tour route (just as they did for my R66 tour) with a magnetic me (on a motorcycle), that they can move along as I progress. Though this tour, arguably, doesn't have the glamour of R66, it is every bit as arduous and I'm sure they will remain interested in knowing how I am getting on. Maybe ;-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment