Friday 29 June 2012

More Rubber!

No I'm not a fetishist, least not that I know. I can own up to loving the smell of leather but I don't think that counts.

No, this time the rubber I'm talking about is the circular type that keeps my beloved Bandit in touch with the tarmac. After getting a few quotes for a pair of Michelin Pilot Road 3s, I plumped for a place in Kennington Road, London, just round the corner from the Oval cricket ground, called FWR. They saved me £23 over the next best quote and a whopping £66 over my Suzuki dealer, who as I was booking in for a service, one might have thought would have done a discount.  It's a turn up a wait jobbie but if you get lucky you can be turned around in 25 minutes (like my brother) or in my case, it was just over the hour. I would thoroughly recommend them on my first time experience. Not only do they cut you a deal but the guy running the show, Chris I think it was, is a really nice guy. Not just tyres, they service as well and were working on scooters to a Pan European Honda.

So that's that bit out of the way. Next Saturday is the service at my local dealer, after which we'll be all ready to roll. If the weather is like it was this week, in the South East, then I shan't complain, as I've managed to complete a whole week without recourse to public transport. Bit scary to see the rest of the country under water though!

19 to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment