Monday 25 June 2012

Service Booked

Have booked the Bandit in for a service on 7th. I didn't want to leave it till the last weekend before the tour, in case something went awry. It'll probably be about 1k short of the 20k scheduled service but as I'm going to be putting 2.6k on it in under a fortnight, I thought it best to have it given a clean bill of health beforehand.

As for tyres, I asked Laguna how much for a pair of Michelin Pilot Road 3s and he quoted £326!! You can buy them on the internet for around £230 and our local tyre fitter does them for £240. For £86, I'm quite happy to remove the wheels and take them round to the local shop. Dealers, eh?

Have invested in some other rubber too. NO, calm down lads! The rubber in question being little rubber grommets that fit on the rack and stop the topbox bouncing about. I've had a few go awol when taking the box off/on and it does rattle about a bit now. Although the kit came as Suzuki kit, you can't actually buy a grommet from Suzuki (apparently), so I've had to buy Givi grommets, they being the manufacturers of the Suzuki branded luggage. Not an essential but little things not quite right do tend to irritate us bikers.

23 to go!

1 comment:

  1. DAMN! I thought you'd invested in a blow up girlfriend.

    ReplyDelete